Use these databases to narrow broad topics and for in-depth information on many controversial topics. Most articles are full-text. To access: use your X-ID as the Borrower ID and your six-digit birth date (MMDDYY) as the PIN.
Other Internet Sources
How to Find a Topic
Finding a topic is the most important but sometimes the hardest part of the research process. These easy tips should help
- Choose a topic you find interesting
- Topic should fit the assignment -- ask instructor for approval
- Focus the topic
- Broad -- Computers (you'll find too much information
- Narrow -- The psychological effects of computer use for primary school children in Lake County, FL (you'll find too little information
- Just Right -- Is Internet addiction a serious psychological problem?
These print series present many controversial and timely topics in a question/answer or pro/con format.
- At Issue
- Contemporary World Issues
- Current Controversies
- Opposing Viewpoints
- Taking Sides
To find them use the library catalog and do a search like the one pictured.